I’m committing to 90 days of social dating in order to
- Learn more about myself to gain clarity on who and what makes me happy and fulfilled in a romantic partnership
- Relax and have a great time
Bachelor #9 Date 3
Location: His house in Carmel Mountain
- On a of 1-10 (1=We barely speak the same language, 10=We must know each other from past lives), rate your connection: 9
- Did I enjoy myself? Yes
- Do I like what he does for a living? Yes
- Does he care about self-development? Yes
- Did he treat me with kindness and respect? Yes
- He has a very nice, unpretentious, yet beautifully decorated and taken care of home
- His back patio looks like something out of Home and Garden, with two large rosemary bushes, and trees: apple, avocado, orange, fig
- Because he has a Masters in Electrical Engineering and he, apparently, likes to build, he put in all the lighting and sound system in his home
- He’s a great cook: he made dosas, chana masala, salmon, brown rice, broccoli and carrots
- He played a couple of different hand drums (yay! entertain me!)
- He showed pictures of and shared stories of his family
- It was the first date I’ve ever been on where I “played” with a microchip (see pic)
- He was a gentleman
- We talked till past 1am
What did I learn about myself on this date?
I like engineers who are creative braniacs, handy, and talented. And who like to feed me.
Takeaway: Hmm…I was hesitant about this one because he doesn’t have a steady stream of income due to his startup business. But it was obvious from the care and work he put into his home and with what he shared with me that he’s fully capable and not a deadbeat. I’m open to seeing him again.