I’m committing to 90 days of social dating in order to
- Learn more about myself to gain clarity on who and what makes me happy and fulfilled in a romantic partnership
- Relax and have a great time
Bachelor One-That-I-Love [short version]
Bachelor One-That-I-Love-But-He-Won’t-Commit-After-2-Years-of-Dating [long version]
Location: Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza and The Lot in Point Loma
- On a of 1-10 (1=We barely speak the same language, 10=We must know each other from past lives), rate your connection: 10
- Did I enjoy myself? Yes
- Do I like what he does for a living? Yes
- Does he care about self-development? Yes
- Did he treat me with kindness and respect? Yes
- As the description of this Bachelor states, I love him, so of course just being with him makes me view the world in technicolor: colors are brighter, food tastes better, and I’m really happy.
- The lebni bread and cheese at Sammy’s – yum yum, my favorite thing on their menu
- The Lot – what a great location for salsa dancing on Sunday nights! The last couple of ventures I had dancing brought me to a decidedly more senior demographic – like senior-senior, people who looked like they were in their 60s. But the Lot had a younger, more energetic, sexier crowd. And I thought, Well, hallelujah, the salsa community in San Diego is still alive and kicking instead of retiring taking their teeth out, and getting ready for bed.
- I was annoyed when he invited his female friend to hold onto him as she was recording the dance company perform since she was falling off the chair she was perched on to get a better view. It might sound strange to put this as a highlight, but the highlight was that I told him it annoyed me and why it did and he said, “You’re right.” Yes, I am right.
- He YouTubed how to change a headlight bulb of a New Beetle and then he changed it for me.
What did I learn about myself on this date?
After two years, Bachelor#2Years, still knows how to sweep me off my feet. It doesn’t hurt that he’s an excellent dancer and always plans fun dates for us. Someone who is fun and has high energy are factors that may mean more to me than I even realize. I may be an idiot for loving him still, though it really doesn’t feel like I have a choice in the matter. I’m doing what I can to detach, including my 90 days.
Takeaway: Heart and mind are still working on getting aligned. B#2Years most likely won’t ever change his non-committal ways or his penchant for befriending pretty ladies and then annoying me by flirting with said pretty ladies.