I’m committing to 90 days of social dating in order to
- Learn more about myself to gain clarity on who and what makes me happy and fulfilled in a romantic partnership
- Relax and have a great time
Location: Marina Kitchen
- On a level of 1-10 (1=We barely speak the same language, 10=We must know each other from past lives), rate your connection: 8
- Did I enjoy myself? Yes
- Do I like what he does for a living? Yes
- Does he care about self-development? No
- Did he treat me with kindness and respect? Yes
- Food – GLORIOUS food!! He’s the sous chef and he specially prepared a gourmet 8-course meal for me and my family for my son’s birthday dinner
- The walnut shrimp
- The swordfish
- The 45-day aged steak – I didn’t eat it, but everyone else said it was delicious
- …AND he made a tres leches sheet cake for my son’s birthday with Minecraft (my son’s favorite) printed with edible ink on it…
- …AND he gave both my kids boxes of macarons and chocolates at the end of the night, telling them that he promised to give their mommy cookies (my favorite) when we met
What did I learn about myself on this date?
My willingness to say “YES” to what comes up can yield some amazing surprises. Did I mention that this was my first time ever meeting this man? We had been texting for a couple of weeks, but with our busy schedules it seemed like we wouldn’t be able to meet any time soon. When I told him my parents would be in town for my son’s birthday and therefore I wasn’t available to go on a date this week, he suggested that I bring everyone to his kitchen. Talk about ballsy. But he got my attention, so I thought, Well, why not? OK, yes!
Takeaway: What I lacked in quantity for dates this week I definitely made up in quality. This man totally blew me away! An eight-course meal, a reserved section in the restaurant where we were the only table, VIP treatment from the servers, and all that delicious food…He really went all out to make it a special night for my son’s birthday and I was so impressed with his thoughtfulness, professionalism, and ahhh..his yummy, velvety voice. For some reason I was worried that he might have a Mickey Mouse voice or something because we’d never even spoken on the phone! Why that was the only thing I was worried about, I don’t know.
We texted afterwards and we agreed to see each other again – this time without my entourage.
My previous date underwhelmed me by his lack of passion. B#8 is so passionate about his cooking and sharing what he loves. I could taste it in his food, how he engaged with us throughout the night, and in our texts. I’m really looking forward to seeing B#8 again!