I’m committing to 90 days of social dating in order to
- Learn more about myself to gain clarity on who and what makes me happy and fulfilled in a romantic partnership
- Relax and have a great time
Bachelor #6 Date 2
Location: Draft Republic (UTC)
- On a level of 1-10 (1=We barely speak the same language, 10=We must know each other from past lives), rate your connection: 6
- Did I enjoy myself? Yes
- Do I like what he does for a living? Yes
- Does he care about self-development? Yes
- Did he treat me with kindness and respect? Yes
- He asked me if I wanted to take a picture of the tuna tataki before we ate it. (I did).
- I accidentally called him the wrong name and he didn’t bat an eye. Either he didn’t hear me (my guess) or he’s super smooth and understands that hey, these things happen. Haha!
What did I learn about myself on this date?
This was a 2-hour date…seems to be my minimum time so far on these dates with the exception of Mr. Sahara. This was my second date with B#6 and although I still found him interesting, I felt less connected. He didn’t want to talk about his views on relationships because he felt it was too soon to have conversations like that, and I appreciated that he was able to communicate that in an honest, mature, and respectful way.
Although the logic behind B#6 on not wanting to be too emotionally open this early on is well, logical, I still found that to be a turn-off, oddly enough. I checked out and lost interest in the other legitimately cool stuff he wanted to share with me – like how he’s traveled all around the world, slept outside on a park bench in one of my favorite cities, Paris, when he couldn’t find his youth hostel, went drag racing, and some other stuff which I can’t even remember now.
Takeaway: Talking about events or people, worldly accomplishments…those do nothing for me without some deeper meaning to give it context. Talking about ideas and what you’re passionate about, what you feel and why, etc., is what gets my attention and inspires me. Hubba-hubba, show me your passion and I’ll show you mine.