I’m committing to 90 days of social dating in order to
- Learn more about myself to gain clarity on who and what makes me happy and fulfilled in a romantic partnership
- Relax and have a great time
Bachelor #2 Date 3
Location: Bier Garden Encinitas
- On a level of 1-10 (1=We barely speak the same language, 10=We must know each other from past lives), rate your connection: 7
- Did I enjoy myself? Yes
- Do I like what he does for a living? Yes
- Does he care about self-development? No
- Did he treat me with kindness and respect? Yes
- Bier Garden is beautiful – it has these twiggy trees adorned with fairy lights
- We ate cookies and ice cream afterwards, sitting side by side. He held the bowl and while we were chatting he would break up the cookies with his spoon, add ice cream so it was one spoonful of cookie and ice cream, and feed me. It felt natural and sweet (pun intended).
What did I learn about myself on this date?
We chatted for 5 hours and in that time we talked about our jobs, family pets, and then the heavier stuff like the last days of our marriages as they were falling apart, divorce, the day he and his ex told his children that they were separating. It occurred to me that I never dated a man before who had gone through a divorce with children, and his honesty and ability to communicate openly about it really touched me. And I found myself thankful to be in the company of a man who understood the emotional impact of a divorce, and how his story gave me the space to acknowledge and love the part of me that is still healing from it.
Takeaway: Oh no! I like B#2.