I’m committing to 90 days of social dating in order to
- Learn more about myself to gain clarity on who and what makes me happy and fulfilled in a romantic partnership
- Relax and have a great time
Location: Poway Weapons and Gear Range and Rockin’ Baja Lobster
- On a level of 1-10 (1=We barely speak the same language, 10=We must know each other from past lives), rate your connection: 8
- Did I enjoy myself? Yes.
- Do I like what he does for a living? Yes
- Does he care about self-development? Yes – Spiritual
- Did he treat me with kindness and respect? Yes
- Talking for over 3 hours at the restaurant
- I love that he cared enough to call around and do research to see was the best shooting range to take me to
What did I learn about myself on this date?
Disclaimer: B#4 has been a friend of mine for many years and technically, when we planned this outing we weren’t making it “a date.” However, he’s single, I’m single and he picked me up and paid for the gun range and showed me a great time, so yeah, I will put that in the “date” category. Plus, he’s a great guy so I will flatter myself and say that it was. (And he said he would be happy to be on my 90 Day Tour, so there *sticks out tongue*)
Many people don’t necessarily know this about me, but my spiritual life is THE most important aspect of my life. It’s what drives me and living an inspired life is just that, an “In-Spirit” life. I was raised Catholic, though I’m not necessarily a big fan of dogma or institutions in general (sorry, Mom), but I believe in God, Spirit, The Universe, Jesus, Buddha, and I bow to the Divine in Me and in You (Namaste). So when I’m able to talk about my spiritual life to someone and have them share their spiritual life with me, the connection is strong and I feel a deep kinship. This connection/understanding is important in my friendships and in a partner for sure. B#4 is a believer and consciously focuses on his relationship with God/Jesus and this experience reinforced how much I value that.
Takeaway: A good friend can be an even better date! The qualities that make a good friend definitely translate to good dating material.